Saturday, January 15, 2011

Smiff n Wessun : "Nuthin Move But The Money"

Photobucket





Smif N Wessun "Nuthin Move But The Money" White Label Vinyl 1995 CMS.
I remember seeing this record at Fat Beats NYC when I lived there in 1996 and regretted not picking one up. When I got back to St. Louis, I would constantly listen to white labels looking for this record. Turns out, I found one for 3.00 bucks at Deep Grooves in the Delmar Loop / U.City, MO. Evil D uses "Star of the Story : Heatwave & Lays the Harlem Underground feat. George Benson : Cheeba Cheeba drums up under it. Dreamy and mysterious to say the least. It's such a great track, I actually assembled the same samples and payed hommage to it by making my own track.
A pretty rare record outside of the Big Apple!

2 comments:

djbacemonk said...

Keep up the good work Chilly. You might have the dopest blog on the entire internet. Great stuff

DJ Chilly C said...

Naw, this is small potatoes compaired to what I have seen. that's what inspired me to update it after 3 years!